Back Server Job at Crosby Street Hotel – 4.1 New York, NY
We are looking for an eager Back Server to join the Crosby Street Hotel team. The ideal candidate will be trained professional that understands how to effectively expedite and server all of our guests needs. He or she will have a passion for food and beverage equally, and understands how to read a guest properly to ensure quality service, leaving a lasting impression and memorable experience.
General requirements are as follows, but not limited to:
· Maintain high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times.
· Ensure high level of communication between the restaurant and kitchen.
· To have a strong knowledge of the food and beverages offered.
· To deliver food and drinks to guests in an efficient and professional manner.
· Able to make coffees, teas, according to company standards.
· To have a full understanding of New York City Health Department standards and regulations.
· Must be open to working AM/PM shifts, week days, weekends and holidays.
· Has a keen sense of attention to detail making sure tables are served and bussed properly.
· Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
· Able to work well under pressure during times of high volume service, and multitask effectively.
· Neat and organized on the restaurant floor during service
· Shows a consistent work habit and great work ethic
· Possess the ability to multitask and problem solve
· Able to speak proper and communicate to guests in a professional manner
· Proactive and enthusiastic team player working well others
· Positive personality and with a professional attitude
Work place benefits for all full time employees:
· Vacation & sick days
· Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
· Competitive pay
· Holiday staff parties and staff appreciation gatherings
· In house uniform dry cleaning service
· Employee meals
“Hotels should be living things not stuffy institutions” maintain Tim and Kit Kemp, owners of Firmdale Hotels.
There are eight boutique hotels in London and one in New York. The high standards of excellence and unique townhouse style of decoration have over the years added up to a winning combination. Kit Kemp has designed the interiors of each hotel in her unique personal way which reflects a fresh, modern English style. Firmdale Hotels has received the Queens Award for Enterprise in 2000, 2006 and 2009, recognition of its outstanding achievement to international trade. www.firmdale.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Crosby Street Hotel – 4.1
Company Location: New York, NY