Cabin Attendant for Part 135 Operation Job at Rennia Aviation – Remote
Rennia Aviation is looking for a friendly and motivated Cabin Attendant to be a part of our fast-growing Part 135 charter team.
The Cabin Attendant will provide a safe environment and exceptional service to our elite clientele on both domestic and international flights. This position must be proactive and resourceful while anticipating and fulfilling our client’s needs. Ability to work long hours on their feet, be a team player, and be flexible.
Our culture is one of utmost awareness in safety, excellence in service, appreciation, and taking the extra step in everything we do.
- Ability to operate all emergency equipment, entertainment, and galley equipment.
- Confirm safety equipment is on-board, secured in place and operable, and assist/direct passengers in case of an emergency.
- Conduct preflight procedures and ensure all safety, galley and cabin equipment is ready for each flight.
- Always provide exceptional customer service for our passengers.
- Procure passengers catering request.
- Have knowledge of safe food handling and storage.
- Complete all post-flight responsibilities (cleaning, removing perishable items, restocking, etc.).
- Report to Pilot in command and/or Lead Cabin Attendant for all details.
- Be available on call while on the road for a 2-hour call-out or ASAP trip.
- Have a professional appearance, exemplary organizational skills, discretion, attention to detail, and flexibility.
- Complete assigned administrative duties in a timely fashion (expense reporting etc.)
- Willing to continuously grow professional skills through our in-house training sessions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented and have exemplary problem-solving and communication skills, with a strong focus on customer responsiveness, and a team-oriented attitude towards supporting other team members including sales, logistics, and office personnel, pilots, vendors, and all others.
- Applicants should possess a high level of familiarity and comfort with using technology and be well-versed in using the internet and mobile phone.
- Due to the nature of our industry, applicants must have the flexibility to work a schedule that includes nights, weekends, holidays as well as the willingness to support operations during times when demand is higher than usual.
- Having a strong work ethic, flexibility, proficiency, and the ability to work as a team are all prerequisites for a successful career with us.
Qualifications (Experience & Education):
- Minimum of 3 years Cabin Attendant experience required or minimum of 5 years’ experience working with VIP clientele offering them service, assistance or in a supporting role.
- Examples include, but are not limited to:
Commercial airline cabin crew working in the First or Business Class cabins
Five-star hotels or resorts
Private residence or private office of a high net worth individual
Personal assistant to a high net worth individual
Fine Dining & Hospitality experience is a plus
- Current in FACTS or Flight Safety certified training required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be current in First Aid Training, CPR/AED
- Culinary training/experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, in the English language.
- High standards of professionalism, team player, positive attitude and friendly but discreet personality is crucial for this career
- Passionate about delivering exceptional service that takes care of every detail and making every passenger’s experience unique
- Fluent English language skills – written and spoken. Additional language skills are beneficial but not essential
- No travel restrictions
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must hold a valid passport
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License
- Must pass a 5-year criminal background check
Full time Part 91 and Part 135 on demand Charter:
- 14on-14off rotations with option for bonus days
- Medical, dental, vision plan, company paid life insurance and accident insurance, 401K benefitsoffered after 90 days
- Daily per diem while on rotation
- Salary & per diem paid weekly
- Please send cover letter and resume
- No phone calls and no walk-ins
At Rennia Aviation, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flight/Cabin Attendant: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
About the Company
Company: Rennia Aviation –
Company Location: Remote