Cabinetry Workshop Manager Job at Tescher Forge – Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC
We are a joinery, timber furniture and steel fabrication business based in Preston. We’re a reasonably young team of passionate furniture makers and designers. A good chunk of our work is custom, high end cabinetry for residential, retail and hospitality that requires a high level in attention to detail.
We are looking for someone to run our cabinetry department in a full time position.
Ideally you will take architectural and shop drawings, develop plans and be able to work un-assisted. Be competent with doing site measuring when required and be able to lead a team both efficiently whilst maintaining a great working culture.
Attention to detail is essential as is taking pride in your work.
There is the potential if preferred of the role being Monday-Thursday… 3 day weekend…
- be a team oriented person
- you must be able to read drawings, work from cutting lists and formulate plans as required
- have cabinet installation experience
- possess great inter personal skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with customers, especially as the role requires installation on site
- able to liaise with other production staff so there is an understanding of what is required and where attention to detail is essential
- the ability to manage and train other team members
- good time management skills
- the ability to work without supervision
- the ability to operate CNC router would be advantageous
- A current Australian driver’s license
- Industry White card (or equivalent)
If you are interested, please send your CV to Kyle
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Cabinet making: 5 years (Preferred)
- Australian Drivers License (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Tescher Forge –
Company Location: Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC