Director of Meetings and Events Job at American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy – Remote
ASGCT seeks an experienced Director of Meetings and Events to oversee the Society’s various conferences, summits, and events. As the primary society for professionals in the gene and cell therapy field, ASGCT is growing rapidly and excited to expand current event offerings and develop new programming delivered to our members and beyond. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and Event Strategy, the Director of Meetings and Events works across multiple teams to project manage and deliver dynamic event experiences to our stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is a strategic thinker yet detailed and collaborative with excellent communication skills, and has experience planning and organizing large scale events.
American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy
The American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy (ASGCT) is the primary professional organization for gene and cell therapy, with a broad membership base including scientists, researchers, physicians, patient advocates, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology professionals. The mission of the Society is to advance knowledge, awareness, and education leading to the discovery and clinical application of genetic and cellular therapies to alleviate human disease.
Director of Meetings and Events
The Director of Meetings and Events is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of the Society’s meetings and hybrid events, including the Annual Meeting, Policy Summit, and other hybrid and virtual events. This position will report to the Senior Director of Development and Event Strategy and oversee the Manager of Meetings and Events, Virtual Events Producer, and Meeting and Events Specialist, to successfully develop and execute events aligning with the strategic plan.
- Lead the planning and execution of ASGCT’s events, with the support of the events staff and in collaboration with the Development team.
- Develop, implement, and manage event budgets.
- Create and maintain detailed project management plans to ensure internal team / external vendor components are delivered on-time.
- Oversee site selection, site visits, and oversee on-site operations and logistics.
- Lead vendor relationships with hotels, convention centers, registration/housing, decorator, audio visual, temporary staffing agencies, and others.
- Oversee and negotiate contracts for all major vendors, to include venues, hotels, decorator, virtual platform, audio visual, registration, and other related vendors.
- Oversee and manage the registration components of events including attendee support.
- Serve as a member of the Society’s senior staff and leadership team, providing guidance to team members, communicating regularly, and reporting on progress to the CEO, Board of Directors, and Executive Committee.
- Work with the Development team on confirmed sponsorships for Annual Meeting, including symposia, signage, and meeting handouts. Additionally, with the Development staff, plan the logistical considerations for the exhibit hall and related events.
- Coordinate with the marketing department to manage marketing components including printed event collateral, website updates and onsite signage/displays.
- Work with the education team to ensure adequate space, layout, audio visual, and all other logistical considerations necessary to execute scientific and educational programming.
- Track and produce event reports, analytics, and ROI documents.
- Establish and maintain best practices and standards for conferences and events by pursuing and continuing professional development.
- Propose and develop innovative event solutions and process improvements that align with growth projections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Ten or more years of related professional experience successfully planning and executing largescale conferences and exhibitions, with approximately 10,000+ attendees.
- Experience organizing city-wide events including conferences in both convention centers and hotels.
- Management experience preferred.
- Strong project management, communication, and multitasking skills, with a close eye for details and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage complex meetings, interact with executives, members, and manage relationships with hotels, caterers, audio visual, general service contractors and other service providers.
- Comfortable with tight time schedules, managing multiple projects/events with various stakeholders/subject matter experts, and vendors.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable learning new technologies.
- Experience in contract negotiation
- Up to five weeks of travel.
ASGCT is headquartered in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. Local candidates are preferred. Remote candidates based near major transportation hubs with the ability to travel conveniently to Milwaukee and other locations on occassion will be considered.
ASGCT is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.asgct.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Remote
About the Company
Company: American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy –
Company Location: Remote