Executive Housekeeper Job at Walnut Beach Resort – Osoyoos, BC
Summary: The Executive Housekeeper performs duties to keep the housekeeping department running, with the role and responsibilities for the supervision and control of cleaning and servicing for all areas in the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Inspect and check the work of assigned employees to ensure cleanliness, sanitation and orderliness of assigned areas.
· Submits and does daily inspection and progress reports
· Responsible for the training and orientation of new staff.
· Oversee housekeeping associates’ productivity and cleaning percentages
· Report all repairs to maintenance.
· Check and maintain adequate level of supplies and material and orders replenishment of supplies as required.
· Reports any misconduct and deals with the problems and said associates
· Works with Front Desk and Maintenance Departments regarding the status of rooms ensuring that guest requirements are met according to Hotel policy.
· Ensure adherence to Hotel policy regarding security of bedrooms and keys.
· checks in the daily checking of bedrooms and designated staff areas, public areas maintaining standards by Hotel policy.
· Ensure the safe storage issue and effective use of cleaning materials and equipment as directed by manufactures on their Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
· Ensure the correct handling of lost guest property in accordance with Hotel Lost & Found procedures.
· Attend meetings as requested and contribute new ideas to the overall success of the operation.
· Maintain standards of punctuality, uniform presentation and personal hygiene as required by Hotel policy.
· Work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues assisting where necessary to develop team spirit and to achieve standards of work and Guest care by Hotel policy.
· Be familiar with appropriate action to be taken in the event of an emergency.
· Ensuring all guest comments and complaints are acted upon in accordance with Hotel policy.
· Carry out jobs as required within the department to reduce workload or meet deadlines.
· Maintaining par inventory levels and conducting monthly and quarterly inventory checks.
· Ensure consistencies of all guestrooms are maintained.
· Prepare work schedules to ensure all jobs are covered in assigned areas
· Schedule special projects, including seasonal cleaning of all guestrooms
· Any other tasks or projects to benefit the department and overall hotel
· Cleaning rooms or doing laundry when needed and daily room walk throughs.
· Deliveries for front desk. Such as wine etc. or checking if departures have left.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
· Minimum 3 years of related experience Minimum 1 year in a supervisory role required
· Good problem-solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives
· Knowledge of applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations regarding health standards for hotel facilities
· Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of both inside and outside the organization
· Basic mathematical skills required
· Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
· Proven supervisory skills
· Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required
· First Aid/CPR preferred
. Knowledge of QUORE is an asset
Expected Start Date: 2021-06-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada ?
- housekeeping: 2 years (required)
About the Company
Company: Walnut Beach Resort –
Company Location: Osoyoos, BC