Experienced After Hours Travel Specialist Job at Fox World Travel, Inc – Remote
Fox World Travel (Fox) is looking for an experienced After Hours Travel Specialist with a willingness to provide Foxceptional customer service to our business clients. Critical is the knowledge of all facets of business travel and providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. Full time and part time positions available!
A day in the life of the After Hours Travel Specialist may include:
- Providing travel services for domestic, trans-border and international itineraries
- Counseling clients on efficient routes, lowest available airfares, and travel products/services
- Maintaining excellent client relations
- Relating to clients at various levels within their organizations using diplomacy and tact
- Anticipating client needs and act on special requests
- Maintaining awareness and adherence to our clients’ procedures, programs, and policy guidelines
- Consistent application of Fox World Travel practices and programs
- Meeting and striving to exceed quality and productivity goals
- Working under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with clients
- Performing in a team environment
- Assisting with projects when required
- Assisting customers with online booking tool questions and fulfilling online reservations
- Processing exchanges for travelers
- Maintaining a favorable working relationship with co-workers in all departments to foster an environment of trust and mutual respect
- Ensuring optimum customer service through effective use of computer systems and positive telephone techniques
- Maintaining working knowledge of airline practices, programs, and operations
- Possessing working knowledge of vendor loyalty programs, security requirements, documentary requirements, and destination geography
- Maintaining high level of competency on Apollo/Smartpoint GDS
- Providing specialized services to VIP clients
- Acting as a role model to reinforce superior customer service and professionalism
- Identifying and suggesting Fox World Travel process enhancements
- Assisting team members with research and resolution of service issues
- Assisting in transitioning new team members
- Striving for continual improvement through training and constructive feedback
- Maintaining a favorable and collaborative working relationship with team members in all departments to foster an environment of trust and mutual respect. Drive standards and best practices whenever possible and effectively foster a culture of engagement.
- Enhancing the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Being innovative and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of operations and services performed.
- Possessing the ability to work flexible night, weekend and holiday hours and shifts as determined by business need and client call volume.
- Other duties, projects and alternate assignments as determined by business need.
You’ll love this job if you:
- Have personal effectiveness/Credibility
- Are customer-focused and service-oriented
- Have communication proficiency – verbal and written; appropriate use of grammar
- Possess information gathering and monitoring skills, problem analysis and problems solving skills
- Are highly adaptive and have exceptional change management and coaching skills
- Possess sound judgment and decision-making ability
- Have attention to detail and accuracy
- Are flexible; ability to work efficiently and effectively with frequent interruptions
This opportunity might be for you if you have:
- 3-plus years related Business Travel experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Availability to work nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled
- GDS proficiency, Apollo/Smartpoint preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Knowledge of industry codes and practices
- Skills in usage of a personal computer and various software packages
- Bi-lingual proficiency; preference will be given to bi-lingual (Spanish) candidates
Occasional business travel, overnight stay may be required for training.
As one of Wisconsin’s largest travel companies, Fox World Travel has excellent perks for all Fox associates including but not limited to: competitive wages, flexible time off (vacation, sick, personal), FAM Dollars to help you explore the world, remote work, a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, company sponsored life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k contributions, end of year perks, and a fully engaged leadership team dedicated to treating associates like part of the family!
If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to have culture, engagement, and innovation at the heart of all our initiatives, we want you to come soar with Fox World Travel! If you fit the description AND meet the qualifications, please don’t hesitate to apply online at www.foxworldtravel.com/careers.
Work hard, play hard and travel often with the Fox World Travel Team today!
Fox World Travel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates to work.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Do you have travel industry experience?
- What GDS system(s) are you familiar with?
- Have you used Smartpoint before?
- What destinations are you familiar with booking corporate travelers to internationally?
- What type of call volume have you handled previously?
- What responsibilities did you have in previous positions (in the travel industry) that you want to share?
- What percentage of your overall bookings were international?
- Please explain in detail what steps you take to make a change to someone’s travel reservation.
- Do you have experience ticketing exchanges?
- What are key motivators that encourage you to do your best?
- What work culture type do you desire?
- How would team members describe you as a team member?
- Have your worked on an after-hours team before? (Outside normal business hours)
- What are your total reward expectations? Salary, benefits, time off?
Work Location: Remote
About the Company
Company: Fox World Travel, Inc –
Company Location: Remote