Full Time Front Desk/Innkeeper Lead Job at Harbor House Inn – Elk, CA
Innkeeper Roles & Responsibilities
Full Time Front Desk/Innkeeper Role at the Harbor House Inn in Elk, CA
Our property operates an 11-room Inn and Restaurant in the town of Elk, and will need a hospitality-driven, detail oriented lead innkeeper who can multitask. Roles and responsibilities of innkeepers include but are not limited to:
- Booking reservations via email, phone, and in-person for the Inn and Restaurant
- Training of staff
- Providing warm and helpful concierge services (planning massages, horseback rides, kayaking tours, and booking dinner reservations)
- Conducting room and property checks to ensure each room is immaculate prior to check-in
- Staying on top of maintenance items, and bringing a solution-oriented mindset to items that may break or need replacement
- Exhibiting proactive and clear communication with housekeeping, management, kitchen team, and all team members on site
- Assisting with breakfast service – delivering breakfast to guest rooms, serving breakfast in our dining room, and preparing coffee and tea drinks
- Utilizing various systems to manage guest communications, bookings, and purchases. Must be tech-savvy, or possess a willingness to learn how to use our systems.
- Represent The Harbor House Inn through your personal appearance, relevance and impact into all aspects of your role.
- Demonstrate complete ownership of any task through focus, determination and attention to detail.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge, working towards achieving the highest level of service and guest experience possible
- Demonstrate an attitude of teamwork by working collaboratively with peers to identity positive solutions to problems or issues
- Be open and receptive to changing needs and priorities.
- Display trust in your actions, having the confidence in knowing we are all looking out for each other’s best interest
- Welcome suggestions, feedback, and new ideas as an opportunity to learn, grow and improve services.
- Welcome any feedback from staff or guests whether it is negative or positive.
- Exhibiting professional guest service through email, phone, and in-person guest interaction
- Answering phone calls, emails, and guest inquiries, and helping assist with Inn booking and dinner reservations
- Providing local recommendations and activities for guests visiting, and helping book where needed
- Helping serve breakfast for Inn guests, and ensuring cleanup
- Refilling and cleaning coffee station
- Exhibiting seamless communication with kitchen staff regarding guest allergies, breakfast orders, and dinner reservations.
- Using various systems to manage guest bookings and dinner reservations.
- Polishing glassware and folding napkins
- Polishing tables after breakfast
- Conducting detailed room checks to ensure rooms are ready for check-in
- Preparing rooms for check in – including temperature, fireplace, welcome kits (champagne, flowers, handwritten card, treats)
- Communicating guest status to the housekeeping team to ensure rooms are cleaned during stayovers, and after checkouts.
- Promptly surfacing negative guest feedback to a manager
Perks of the Role Include: Daily meal, positive team environment, competitive pay, health insurance, vision, dental, tip share, and one of the best views on the coast!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $21.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Front Desk: 3 years (Required)
About the Company
Company: Harbor House Inn –
Company Location: Elk, CA