General Manager Job at 3H Group, Inc. – Courtyard Oxford – Anniston, AL
3H Group, Inc. is excited to be seeking a General Manager for our Courtyard by Marriott property located in Oxford, AL!
This beautiful 92 room property recently went through a full renovation and has an onsite Bar and the Bistro. We are looking for a Hotel General Manager, who combines meticulous professionalism with a friendly, welcoming, and energetic personality. As the Hotel General Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of the hotel. You will function as the primary strategic business leader for your assigned property and will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations.
It is important that you are able to effectively manage P&L and financials to ensure your location’s continued profitability. You should also display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong customer-service and marketing abilities. You will ensure successful hotel operations at the property through effective task delegation and leadership techniques ensure all associates on the team are committed to the same goals.
You will work with the hotel’s sale team & corporate office revenue management team to create a marketing strategy that ensures profitability and revenue generation. You will also be responsible for overseeing all on-site human resources activities including recruitment, hiring, training and associate coaching/counseling and discipline. This will involve leading your team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies with the overall goal of meeting or exceeding guest expectations and delivering a return on investment to the hotels ownership group.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Ensuring that guest service programs are in place and executed.
- Providing timely real-time feedback to management, and hourly associates on service and operational standards.
- Creating, and supporting clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day.
- Monitoring Food and Beverage forecasting, and par levels to reduce waste and minimizing F&B costs.
- Working with the Corporate Director of Sales, Corporate Revenue Management & onsite Sales team leaders to implement sales strategy for the property (e.g., goal setting, setting rates, etc.).
- Working with Market Sales to establish property sales strategy, goals and action plans.
- Developing innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through property amenities.
- Measuring, analyzing, and communicating property performance using a variety of financial/non-financial data including controllable costs, sales revenue, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement data.
- Managing the relationship with the revenue management office (e.g., participating in routine calls, strategy meetings, periodic update meetings, etc.).
- Conducting day-to-day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the property (e.g., compensation actions, initiation and approval of hiring requisitions, movement of subordinates through phases of performance management cycle).
- Ensuring ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.).
- Actively recruiting and hiring qualified associates.
- Keeping brand leadership team, owners and above property stakeholders updated on property performance in the areas of financials, guest satisfaction and associate engagement.
- Performing additional duties as required.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- 3 years experience in a Hotel Operations Management role (AGM, GM, Operations Manager, etc.).
- Experience managing a Bar and Food service.
- Proven track record of strong Guest Satisfaction Scores (GSS).
- Strong sales and marketing abilities.
- Prior Marriott brand experience preferred.
All candidates must pass a background check and MVR (driving record check) to be considered for this position.
*Competitive Annual Salary.
*Bonus plan based on performance (paid out quarterly).
*Paid Time Off – 8 paid Holiday’s a year plus 7 paid FLEX (personal) Days.
*Cell phone partial reimbursement for use of personal cell phone.
*Insurance Available – medical, dental, vision, accident life and short & long-term disability (standard waiting period applies).
*401k Plan with Employer Match after 1 year of service.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $54,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Currently following all local, state, CDC & Marriott brand guidelines to ensure the safety of all associates and guests.
- Hotel Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 2 years (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: 3H Group, Inc. – Courtyard Oxford –
Company Location: Anniston, AL