Personal Travel Advisor – Southampton Job at Virgin Atlantic – Southampton
PTA – Southampton
Salary: £20,500 plus commission
Hours: Under the company’s annualised hours system are based on a 37.5 hour week over 52 weeks (one year), making a total of 1950 (pro-rated down if working less hours) hours per year that you are required to work.
Location: Southampton Hedge End – Next
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 18th December 2022
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
We are not just a travel agent, we’re dream makers and ground breakers. Now more than ever this is pivotal to our success and return to profitability!
As a Personal Holiday Advisor we’ll help you become the specialist creating once-in-a-lifetime trips and making our customers’ dreams a reality. Importantly, you’ll always look for ways to add your own dash of Virgin flair – creating those magic moments they didn’t even expect.
Day to day
Working alongside our established award-winning Retail Team, who share your passion and dedication for delivering outstanding customer service. Your aim will be to inspire and build handcrafted holidays to match their interests, tastes and spend. You’ll do this through the rapport you build, using your personality to bring holidays to life.
But it doesn’t stop there, we are always looking at ways we can blow our customers away and create those magic moments throughout their journey. As a single point of contact, you’ll have the opportunity to actively promote our phenomenal products, form relationships and really get to exceed their expectations- Keeping them coming back for more.
We are not just a travel agent; we’re dream makers and ground breakers. Now more than ever this is pivotal to our success and return to profitability!
What We Offer
- Comprehensive on-boarding programme, including a four-week training course. It’s fast-paced and turbulent at times, but we believe it makes things…well, just a bit more fun.
- Up to seven flights a year to any of Virgin Atlantic’s global destinations (did someone say Vegas?)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- High-energy work environment that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work.
- Access to our employee assistance programme and Digital GP service.
- Continuous mentoring and development through a dedicated development programme to support your career progression.
- Industry leading Staff Travel benefits
The store is open between Monday- Sunday, 09.00am and 7.00pm with the requirement to work 37.5 hours per week on early, late and weekend shifts.
What we’re looking for: –
- Exceptional customer service skills with a strong commitment to overcoming targets and challenges.
- Although travel experience isn’t essential, a real passion to work within tourism would be great
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to really listen and understand what our customer wants.
- Self driven and motivation to manage your own time effectively.
- You care for our customers and will be driven by their happiness.
- Collaborative and adaptable in a constantly evolving environment, becoming part of a close-knit team.
As our stores can be open between Monday- Sunday, 09.00am and 9.00pm, we’ll need you to be flexible to work a variable full time shift pattern, which will include evenings & weekends.
If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world – no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, ([email protected]) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You’ll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values
About the Company
Company: Virgin Atlantic –
Company Location: Southampton